Huge collection of quotes by Abraham Lincoln. Easily browse and manage the quotes using our QuickQuotes app.
Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865) was the 16th President of the United States. He successfully led the country through its greatest internal crisis, the American Civil War, preserving the Union and ending slavery. As the war was drawing to a close, Lincoln became the first American president to be assassinated. Before his election in 1860 as the first Republican president, Lincoln had been a country lawyer, an Illinois state legislator, a member of the United States House of Representatives, and twice an unsuccessful candidate for election to the U.S. Senate.
Learn more about Abraham Lincoln in Wikipedia.
- Over 190+ carefully selected quotes
- Bookmark favorite quotes
- Search quotes
- Share quotes - Facebook/Twitter/Email/Messages
- Shake for random quote
- Swipe up/down to change wallpapers
(over 35 beautiful wallpapers included)
- Swipe left/right to see next/previous quote
- Font is configurable
- Supports iPhone and iPad (including retina displays)
- "Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be."
- "Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."
- "I will prepare and some day my chance will come."
- "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. As a peacemaker the lawyer has superior opportunity of being a good man. There will still be business enough."
- "If you wish to win a man over to your ideas, first make him your friend."
- "How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."
- "And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
- "No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar."
- "My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure."
- "You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence."
- "I'm a slow walker, but I never walk back."