Huge collection of quotes by Confucius. Easily browse and manage the quotes using our QuickQuotes app.
Confucius (September 28, 551 BC – 479 BC) was a Chinese thinker and social philosopher, whose teachings and philosophy have deeply influenced Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese and Vietnamese thought and life. His philosophy emphasized personal and governmental morality, correctness of social relationships, justice and sincerity. These values gained prominence in China over other doctrines, such as Legalism or Taoism during the Han Dynasty (206 BC – 220 AD). Confucius' thoughts have been developed into a system of philosophy known as Confucianism .
Learn more about Confucius in Wikipedia.
- 140 carefully selected quotes
- Bookmark favorite quotes
- Search quotes
- Share quotes - Facebook/Twitter/Email/Messages
- Shake for random quote
- Swipe up/down to change wallpapers
(over 35 beautiful wallpapers included)
- Swipe left/right to see next/previous quote
- Font is configurable
- Supports iPhone and iPad (including retina displays)
- Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own doorstep is unclean.
- If you look into your own heart, you find nothing wrong there, what is there to fear?
- Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.
- Worry not that no one knows of you; seek to be worth knowing.
- Learn as though you would never be able to master it; hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it.
- A man who has committed a mistake and doesn't correct it is committing another mistake.
- The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell.
- I hear, I know. I see, I remember. I do, I understand.
- When you are laboring for others let it be with the same zeal as if it were for yourself.
- The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.