Huge collection of quotes by George Bernard Shaw. Easily browse and manage the quotes using our QuickQuotes app.
George Bernard Shaw, (1856 – 1950) was an Irish playwright. Although his first profitable writing was music and literary criticism, his talent was for drama, and he wrote more than 60 plays. He is the only person to have been awarded both the Nobel Prize for Literature (1925) and an Oscar (1938).
Learn more about George Bernard Shaw in Wikipedia.
- Over 360+ carefully selected quotes
- Bookmark favorite quotes
- Search quotes
- Share quotes - Facebook/Twitter/Email/Messages
- Shake for random quote
- Swipe up/down to change wallpapers
(over 35 beautiful wallpapers included)
- Swipe left/right to see next/previous quote
- Font is configurable
- Supports iPhone and iPad (including retina displays)
- A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.
- There is no satisfaction in hanging a man who does not object to it.
- We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.
- Fashions, after all, are only induced epidemics.
- What really flatters a man is that you think him worth flattering.
- The things most people want to know about are usually none of their business.
- Clever and attractive women do not want to vote; they are willing to let men govern as long as they govern men.
- Leisure may be defined as free activity, labor as compulsory activity. Leisure does what it likes, labor does what it must, the compulsion being that of Nature, which in these latitudes leaves men no choice between labor and starvation.
- All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting existing institutions.
- We are all dependent on one another, every soul of us on earth.
- A little learning is a dangerous thing, but we must take that risk because a little is as much as our biggest heads can hold.
- The more things a man is ashamed of, the more respectable he is.
- When a man says money can do anything, that settles it: he hasn't got any.
- Find enough clever things to say, and you're a Prime Minister; write them down and you're a Shakespeare.