Huge collection of quotes by Sir Winston Churchill. Easily browse and manage the quotes using our QuickQuotes app.
Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill, (30 November 1874 - 24 January 1965) was a British politician known chiefly for his leadership of the United Kingdom during World War II. He served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945 and again from 1951 to 1955. A noted statesman and orator, Churchill was also an officer in the British Army, a historian, a Nobel Prize-winning writer, and an artist.
Learn more about Sir Winston Churchill in Wikipedia.
- Over 210+ carefully selected quotes
- Bookmark favorite quotes
- Search quotes
- Email quotes to friends and family
- Shake for random quote
- Swipe up/down to change wallpapers (animated)
(23 beautiful wallpapers included)
- Swipe left/right to see next/previous quote (animated)
- Font is configurable
- All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes.
- Nothing can be more abhorrent to democracy than to imprison a person or keep him in prison because he is unpopular. This is really the test of civilization.
- I am certainly not one of those who need to be prodded. In fact, if anything, I am the prod.
- Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
- These are not dark days: these are great days - the greatest days our country has ever lived.
- A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.
- The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go.
- Here is the answer which I will give to President Roosevelt. Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.
- Those who can win a war well can rarely make a good peace and those who could make a good peace would never have won the war.
- War is mainly a catalogue of blunders.
- If you're going through hell, keep going.
- No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered with a searching but at the same time a steady eye.